The Bush Inn occupies one of Nelson's heritage buildings.
In 2015 after an 8 month renovation the former historic tavern was reopened for accommodation only.
It has been re-designed to cater for guests looking for comfortable and economic, medium to long term Nelson accommodation close to the city-centre.
The Bush Inn has proven a hit with its newly refurbished and spacious interior.
The thoughtful renovation includes all new bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen and the installation of modern plumbing and efficient LED lighting.
Local architects have integrated Seismic Strengthening, Insulation and a state of the art Fire Alarm system.
Consequently the building has been independently assessed at 100% of the National Building Standard (NBS) 2017.
The Bush Inn is now ready to provide a new generation of travellers with a great place to stay in Nelson.
Location, location, location
- Located in "The Wood" a quiet suburb, yet also close to the city centre.
- Two minute walk to the Milton Street grocery store & NZ Post shop
- Two minute walk to delicious Milton Street Takeaways (fish & chips, pizza, hamburgers etc.) and the Milton St Sprig & Fern Tavern where you can sample some of Nelson's boutique beer.
- Downtown Nelson is an easy 10-15min walk. There you will find great cafes, restaurants, shops, art galleries, banks, supermakets, pool, local gyms and anything else you might need.
- NBUS from The Bush Inn to Whakatu Square in Central Nelson takes 5 minutes if you dont want to walk!
- If you are studying we are a 12 minute walk to NMIT and an 18 minute walk to the Nelson English Centre
- If you are working at Cawthron Institute it's a 5 minute walk
- Bike storage is available and Nelson is a Bike Friendly town
- Free off street car parking is available along with streetside parking
On-site housekeeping team
The onsite housekeeping team ensure the common areas and bathrooms are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and presentation at all times.
As well, the guest bedrooms are serviced once a week with fresh linen and towels provided.