The Bush Inn occupies one of Nelson's heritage buildings.
In 2015 after an 8 month renovation the former historic tavern was reopened for accommodation only.
It has been re-designed to cater for guests looking for comfortable and economic, medium to long term Nelson accommodation close to the city-centre.
The Bush Inn has proven a hit with its newly refurbished and spacious interior.
The thoughtful renovation includes all new bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen and the installation of modern plumbing and efficient LED lighting.
Local architects have integrated Seismic Strengthening, Insulation and a state of the art Fire Alarm system.
Consequently the building has been independently assessed at 100% of the National Building Standard (NBS) 2017.
The Bush Inn is now ready to provide a new generation of travellers with a great place to stay in Nelson.
Why is our location so good?
The Bush Inn is in a quiet central suburb of Nelson known as The Wood. So why do we think The Bush Inn location is so good?
We are close enough to the City centre that you can easily access all the ammenities by foot or on bicycle, yet we are far enough away from busy traffic and nightlife venues.
This makes for a quiet location for study and for sleep!
Within a 2 Minute walk we have:
- Milton Street grocery store & NZ Post shop
- Bobby Franks Cafe for great coffee
- Milton Street Takeaways (for delicious fish & chips, pizza, hamburgers etc.)
- Milton St Sprig & Fern Tavern where you can sample some of Nelson's locally made boutique beer.
Downtown Nelson is an easy 10-15min walk away. There you will find cafes, restaurants, shops, art galleries, banks, supermakets, swimming pool, local gyms and anything else you might need.
- there is a bus from The Bush Inn to Whakatu Square in Central Nelson which takes 5 minutes if you dont want to walk!
NMIT and the Nelson English Centre
- we are a 12 minute walk to NMIT
- we are an 18 minute walk to the Nelson English Centre
- If you are working at Cawthron Institute it's a 5 minute walk
Maitai River & Centre of New Zealnd walks
- although we are located in the city we are also close to the Maitai River and local walks including the Centre of New Zealand lookout
Bike storage is available
We have a covered Bike Storage area at the back of The Bush Inn. Nelson is a Bike Friendly town because the central city and surrounding suburbs are quite flat and there is not a lot of traffic on the roads. An increasing number of businesses in the city centre also provide bike racks
Free off street car parking is available
along with streetside parking
On-site housekeeping team
The onsite housekeeping team ensure the common areas and bathrooms are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and presentation at all times.
As well, the guest bedrooms are serviced once a week with fresh linen and towels provided.
Ready to find out more?
We'd love you to come and experience our incredible Nelson lifestyle.
Feel free to give us a call or email us
and find out more about our place.